sleeping in my new home
![]() |
| My first night.. |
So we have a new home. And this time for real (!).
Renting an apartment in this country has been an
interesting challenge (far stronger words come to mind to describe this
process, but let’s just stick to interesting...).
As with everything else, the simplest things get so
complicated here – even with the great help of Tatum who (is) speaks
Indonesian and kind of understands the context... Still, things are somehow
done in a very different manner here. An annoying one.
- I’m sorry for being all European and gross right now, but my patience
can only go so far (I mean, right now I’m sitting by my
desk at work spraying myself with mosquito spray for the third time today (and
still just got bitten by those f*ckers)) –
Anyway. Living in a Muslim country also makes its mark
on the apartment renting process. Per is my roomie, but contract says (among
other interesting things):
--- >
So. Tatum is my roomie. Which of course, puts some
additional strains on the whole process...
Anyhuw. We have an
apartment, which I think all of us are really happy with : )
Now all there is left
to do is to actually clean EVERYTHING. Because that's another thing (and I am
sorry for being such a shitty person today..), but the concept of leaving something "clean"
here is just so different from what I am used to. Not that I'm super clean
(because I'm not), but yeah... I do normally get pretty grossed out whenever I move in to a new place, and so this time is no different. Except its worse.
For now this is the chaos in my room. Closet is clean now though! But that's about it haha. Something tells me I’ll keep using
half of my bed for a few nights to come... Pictures
will follow as soon as the place looks somewhat presentable!



No comments:
Post a Comment