Roskilde lineup is out...
... And once again I won't be able to attend this week of greatness in Roskilde, Denmark. Still, even though I love this festival and everything it stands for, today when the lineup was finally released, a friend pointed out to me the fact that all the headliners are men. And actually, looking further down even the middle acts are mostly male dominated...
Now, I don't have any problems with male acts, and I certainly don't have any problems with many of the ones listed on this lineup - fuck, I would LOVE to be able to see them all there this year! Still, we all know there are many MANY great (and successful) both female and mixed male and female acts currently touring the world, which would not only "sell tickets" but also be totally perfect for this festival - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, London Grammar, MSMR, St. Vincent, The xx, and Daughter just to name a few...
So... Why are the headliners and middle acts mostly male acts? It's not like Roskilde has problems booking good acts. What's the policy here really? And what can we do as aware music consumers and dedicated festival goers in order to change this around without giving up our favourite holiday?
(Digital Witness – St. Vincent (DARKSIDE Remix)

No comments:
Post a Comment